Udzungwa National Park has got one of East Africas great forests relatively undiscovered nestling in the area of the chain of East African Mountains. Located a few kilometers of Mikumi National Park road to Iringa it is 348 kms from Dar es Salaam or 65 km southern west of Mikumi Township. It covers an area of approximately 1,900 km2 lying between 300 and 2800 meters above sea level. This great attitudinal range makes for a greater diversity of vegetation and this a habitat for different species.
Udzungwa National Park is home to Iringa colobus monkeys and Sanje Gested Mangabeya as well as leopard eland, water buck, bushbuck and duikers. Udzungwa Mountain also qualify to be the richest forest bird habitat in Tanzania and one of the top three most important zones for bird conservation in Africa.
Book this tour
Day 1: After breakfast leave Dar es Salaam for Mikumi National Park.
Lunch at the lodge/tented camp/campsite in Mikumi National Park
Afternoon/Evening game drove in the park.
Dinner and overnight at the lodge/tented camp/campsite.
Day 2: Morning game drove in Mikumi National Park.
Lunch at the lodge/tented camp/campsite
Afternoon departure for udzungwa National Park.
Dinner and overnight at a lodge/campsite in Udzungwa.
Day 3: Morning walking safari in the park
Lunch at the lodge/campsite
Afternoon game drive in the park.
Dinner and overnight at the lodge/campsite.
Day 4: After breakfast drive back to Dar es Salaam via Mikumi National Park (with picnic lunch).
END OF THE TOUR.
Price is $190 per person per day
The price includes:
- Camping fees,
- Park entry fees,
- Driver guide,
- Safari jeep (Land Rover or Toyota Land cruiser with open roof for game viewing), a
- Air condition cooler box,
- Drinking water,
- Camping equipments including sleeping tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, table, chairs, dinning tents and food (three meals a day).
The price does not include:
- accommodation before and after safari, tips and drinks.
Price is $420 per person per day.
This price includes:
- Park entry fees,
- Luxury lodge accommodation,
- Safari jeep (Land Rover or Toyota Land cruiser with open roof for game viewing),
- Air condition,
- Cooler box,
- Drinking water and food (three meals a day from the lodges).
This price does not include:
- Accommodation before and after safari, tips and drinks.