A walk through the African bush is a wonderful way to experience Africa intimately. Smells and sounds became distinct and varied smaller creature and gain significance. They are no longer simply rushed past in the race for the bigger game. When lorger animals do appear, they are met at eye level; the land is truly shared between hu.. ..and animals. Safety is not an issue – since all walks are accompanied by arrived, experienced guides and game rangers. Walks may be for almost any length of time; a few hours or a full day with a picnic lunch.
- Dress in natural colors like brown, beiges or lchaki,. Shorts or trousers and short sleeved shirts/blouse or T- shirts in cotton, are generally preferable. Light woolens may be required in the evening or early morning especially in the northern circuit.
- Comfortable walking shoes are ideal in the bushes especially for walking safaris.
- Sunglasses, hot suntan lotion, fresher – up towels and mosquito repellant creams are a must.
- Carry a camera, plenty of film, replacement batteries and binoculars.
- Baggage should be kept to a minimum soft bags are the best.
A day walking safari in Arusha National Park
Depart Moshi at 7:30 am to Arusha Park Momella gate – a distance of about 58 km from Moshi town. After payment and registration, the adventurous tourists, start walking and explore the African wildness on foot. This is a rare opportunity in African parks and reserves. A small group of adventurers accompanied by an armed ranger as a guide go deep into the bush exploring the wilderness in some scenic spots, where large herds of buffalo, giraffe and zebra may be seen. This is probably the best way to experience the heartbeat of the Arusha Park.
Picnic lunch at noontime and the walk back to the Momella gate to board/catch your special jeep for an afternoon game drive along Momella lakes in your way back to Moshi/Arusha. The Momella lakes offer plentiful bird watching opportunities.
The price for the tour is US $ 120 per person
This price includes:
- Special jeep with pop up roof for game viewing,
- Park entry fees a driver guide,
- Packed lunch
- Armed park ranger as a guide during your walk.
This price does not include:
- Hotel accommodation before/after safari, tips for the driver and drinks.
WALKING SAFARI ON USAMBARA MOUNTAINS
The Usambara Mountains situated in Northeastern Tanzania are part of the Eastern Are Mountains that run from south eastern Kenya to Southern Tanzania. Usambara Mountains have been compared to the Galapagos Islands in terms of their richness in biodiversity and endemicity. Among the 19 species of The African violet, 15 of them are endemic in the Usambaras. The IUCN has named them as one of the worlds 25 “biodiversity hotspots”
They include: Nature trail waling, Trekking, Mountain, biking, Cultural programs, Bird watching and Forest and Garden tour.
- The Amani Conservation Centre Rest House,
- Sigi Rest House.
- Amani Rest house
- Mullers Mountain Lodge
- Swiss Farm Cottage
- The Lawns Hotel
- The White House Annex
The price for this tour is US $ 120 per person per day. This price includes: transport from Moshi/Arusha to Usambara Mountais and back, hotel accommodation at Lushoto, 3 meals a day and all other activities there.
This price does not include: Hotel accommodation before and after safari, tip for the driver and guides.
IT IS RECOMMENDED TO SPEND 3-5 DAYS TOUR OF THE USAMBARA MOUNTAINS.
Camping Safari: (Campsite stay)
The price for this is US $ 100 per person per day. This price includes; transport from Moshi/Arusha to Usambara Mountains and back, camping fees, camping equipment, 3 meals a day a cook and all other activities there.
This price does not include: Hotel accommodation before and after safari, tip for drive, guide and cook and drinks.